Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In the Beginning

There are so many ways to start a blog. Do you write something serious, funny, instructional, inspirational? Where do you begin? Probably with the realization that what you have to offer is no better than the next guy and that your pipe dreams of an incredibly successful blog that people are jamming the server to view is just that...a pipe dream.

But, that being said, it's my pipe dream. Honestly, I'm doing this at the behest of friends who seem to think I have some kind of way with words. The key word there is friends, they are blind.

What would I really like to do?

I would really like to inspire someone else who has a pipe dream of one day writing a book because that is one dream that I have seen come true. It was a lot of work, and a lot of late nights, but it was worth every drop of energy I put into it, and it was an incredible experience. Seeing your name on a book in print on a bookshelf is amazing! If something inside of you jumped when you read that paragraph, then you are who I want to help and inspire. It's an old cliche', but it's true, "If I can do it, anybody can do it."

The secret is not in the talent of the writer but in those the writer chooses to surround himself with and listen to as he embarks on the most incredible journey of his life.

2 comments:

  1. Eddie, you are going to inspire so many people in so many ways; more than you can even imagine. Those blind friends you speak of, while lacking in sight, have a spirit of discernment that anyone would be jealous of ;)

    ReplyDelete